October 16, 2014

The one with the new Chandelier

Welcome back fellow DIY-ers!!

The entryway of our house was one of the major wins for us.
A - I wanted some sort of semi-formal entry way into the house
B - It has some super awesome exposed brick that I just fell in love with
You saw a little preview of it here.

What I did not like was the teeny tiny light fixture that was in there. 
And a couple other things that are on the list for next year, like a new railing, 
refinishing the stairs and a new paint color!

As a housewarming, The Boyfriend's Mom took us to Lowes to pick out a new Chandelier. How nice of her :)


I LOVE it! 

I don't have any great before pictures, because once again, there was nothing worth documenting here.

And a huge thank you to The Boyfriend who stayed [mostly] patient during the 
what-should-have-been-a-40-minute-install that turned into closer to 2 hours.

It was really the ladders fault. We don't have a tall enough a-frame so we were trying to install it with a leaning ladder (like that technical term?) but it was leaning away from where we needed to be. 




Victory!!

I really love the new lighting. I can't picture the entryway without it now.

I'm thinking a nice red-ish rust paint color to bring out the red in the brick will be on the to do list soon. What do you guys think?





ps - you can subscribe to my blog in the column to your right, or check out my facebook page and look for updates there

No comments: