January 2, 2015

The one with Christmas Pillows

Welcome back fellow DIY-ers!!


Happy New Year!!


Its been a couple of weeks since my last post. My Fiance put my free time in a tailspin with that engagement!!

But I'm not complaining ;)


There was one Christmas project I didn't get to share with you before the season, but It is good for any time of year.




I found a super easy and quick pillow cover tutorial on pinterest.
Find it here.

I can sew an almost-straight line, and hem stuff and... well that's about it. 
So if this tutorial is so easy that I can follow it, anyone can!!

I got some fabric

and some pillow forms.
I'm sad to admit I actually bought all of this last year, but just got around to making them last month... 
oh the life of a crafter. 

and just followed the tutorial. Here is the after again, in which I add a Harley kitty along with the finished pillows. 

I like the look of the different shapes and sizes all together on the couch

For this one, I just cut triangles with pinking shears and sewed the edges. You can see the sew line a little more clear in person, but since I used green thread, I don't mind. 



Super easy and I love that I will be able to switch them out for the seasons and when I get bored of them. I have lots more ideas of things to do with them.

I have some everyday fabric waiting to get turned into covers, and I am on the hunt for some great spring fabric too!

Thanks for stopping by!





1 comment:

June said...

And just where do u find all this time??? They are awesome...I love to sew...I still have all the material for a Christmas quilt/sham...think that's got to go on my TD list...GREAT job as always...